Jul 9, 2017

AD&D Monster Manual as haiku (part 1 - A)

I got this idea after misreading a post of  the most excellent Luka Rejec, where his words describing his drawing almost felt haiku-like.

Alright, before we start, the haiku I'll try to write are going to be bastard versions of a real haiku: that is, I'll only count syllables. Haiku poets around the world be hating.

And I'll use the AD&D 1e monster manual, because that's the only monster manual I got.

Alright, let's start with the first part.

----------

AERIAL SERVANT

anger management
could save the both of us, dear
mage hand is better


ANHKHEG

dirt shark fights dirty
a secret crush on farmers
acidic love spit


ANT, Giant

off with her head man
why don't you remember my
name - I guess she does


APE, (Gorilla)

swedish pun, begone
silly walk as silly talk
seven sunclad days


APE, Carnivorous

human barbecue
larger stronger better me
sign language for all


AXE BEAK

my clean cuts, sleek kills
dust clouds shadows escape path
need to lay an egg


No comments:

Post a Comment